Friday, October 13, 2006

Zoo, Karaoke and Lots of Food... As Always

Singapore Zoo was amazing. Sylvia and I had a great time there last Saturday. I think I will buy a yearly pass for next year. It's really relaxing there, the animals are beautiful. We should go for the Night Safari next time. In the evening we went to have dinner with the parents. I chose an Italian pasta, which turned out to be a wrong decision. I tried Sylvia's pig intestine soup as well, and had some moon cakes with ice cream. Yummie! That turned out to be a good combination.




Sunday we went to meet up with Winnie for lunch. We had dim sum. Then we went for a karaoke. I felt nervous before I started the first song, but it was great. Sylvia said I have a nice singing voice, though I sometimes have difficulties with higher notes. I realized that I'm getting old. I only chose songs which were performed in the early 1990s the latest. I had two favorites, the classic Mack the Knife, and a duet with Sylvia, I want to Spend My Lifetime Loving You. Afterwards we went for a walk in Chinatown. I was able to get four early films of Akira Kurosawa on DVD for 5 dollars each. We ended the day at The Soup Spoon, we both had pumpkin soup, it's really delicious there.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

űűű, dim sum!!! az olyan ritkaság itt pesten!!
én ma megyek Londonba, kedden jövök. Lehet hogy betérek China Town-ba egy dim sum-ra. :) jó ötlet.
sis