School Break
This last week was extraordinary. I had a week long break in school, and although Sylvia couldn't get a few days off from work, we met every evening. We watched Chinese dramas and American TV shows. She cooked a really nice penne bolognese, and baked the best garlic focaccia I had so far. The texture, shape and taste were just perfect.
I started to learn Mandarin. I have to switch my mind to a different study mode for that. Luckily, I can practice it with Sylvia. Although it is not her mother tongue, she speaks Mandarin very well.
Today, the last period already started at school. I took a lot of interesting courses, most of them focus on entrepreneurship. I hope my tonsils will be alright for these remaining two months. After school we watched Martin Scorsese's The Departed. Since I watched the original Hong Kong film, the Infernal Affairs trilogy, the suprise factor was unfortunately missing. It was a really good film though, Scorsese is an amazing director. I really like his mob films, especially Goodfellas.
No comments:
Post a Comment