Monday, August 28, 2006

I Remembered 5, But There Were 4, in the End We Saw 3, I Understood 2, and I Liked Only 1

My princess and I went to watch Samuel Beckett's short plays at Esplanade on Sunday. I remembered that they would perform 5 short plays, but it turned out I was wrong. There were only 4 little sequences, with 10 minutes break between each of them. Since we were 5 minutes late, we missed the first one. So far, every theater performance started 10 minutes late in any country I've ever been, including Singapore, only this one had to start on time.


The first play we saw was in Mandarin. It was the same concept, about a middle age woman and her very old mother, as the last one, except that one was in English. That the latter was in a language I understood, didn't help in getting the meaning. Being an avid fan of modern dramas, I was suprised that I had no idea what Beckett wanted to say. Probably, I got rusty during the last 8 months. Luckily the third play was really good and unique, we enjoyed that one. It was the story of a love triangle, performed in a very grotesque way.


The rest of Sunday was about shopping. I bought two pairs of jeans. Since I gained almost 10kg in the last two months (my friends claim I look so much better now), I had to do this emergency shopping. I also bought a pair of bermudas, and about a dozen shirts. I really enjoy shopping with Sylvia, she has a good taste.

We had lunch at Carl's Jr. A few weeks ago, the first time I ate there I thought it had the best burger, but this feeling was gone. It was okay, but I didn't find it that special. But I still find Spinelli special. In the evening we had some cakes and iced chocolate there. I can't get bored with it. The strawberry sponge cake was really good. Yummie!

No comments: