Happy 50th Post!
The last few days were busy with interviews for jobs I'd really like to get and also for one as part of the worst-case plan. One of the best names in banking, Morgan Stanley, rejected me after the phone interview, which I thought went very well though. Actually, I was surprised they called me for round one, as fluency in an Asian language was a prerequisite for the Private Wealth Management job I applied for.
I hope I will get an offer soon. Then I will buy our tickets to visit my family back in Budapest. Besides seeing them after a year and introducing them my princess, I can hardly wait to get over the surgery. My tonsils are like a roller-coaster ride, pain gets triggered within a few minutes even if I avoid cold drinks and aircon.

Two weeks ago I missed the INSEAD Monsoon Ball. Instead, on Saturday, we attended Sylvia's sister's birthday dinner. Charmaine turned 20 and her boyfriend, Leonard, organized a barbecue. As you can notice on the photo taken that night, my hair is growing and I put on some weight too. I still plan to gain some, so I have to focus more on sit-ups, my six-packs are long gone.
On Sunday we went to watch Notre Dame de Paris. It was the best musical I've seen so far. Cats and Phantom of the Opera dropped 2nd and 3rd respectively. By the way, Phantom of the Opera comes to Singapore in March. And I hope to catch a few plays in Hungary as well. It's so cheap there compared to the ticket prices here.Last weekend we watched an off-Broadway musical, the Little Shop of Horrors, performed by the Dim Sum Dollies. It was full with jo
kes about Singapore, and since I'd been living here for 11 months, I understood most of them. Sylvia explained me the rest.And I have a few new favorite foods too. I like the porridge with meat balls. My friends claim I'm the only ang mo who likes it. Also, there's nothing better than having half-boiled eggs, kaya toast and kopi at Ya Kun for breakfast. And tomorrow we'll have sushi with Sylvia's family. When I watched the French film, Wasabi, a few years ago, it was really funny how Jean Reno ate the wasabi. He put his finger into the bowl and ate it as it was some kind of dessert. Actually, Sylvia does something very similar. She eats the wasabi with soy sauce as a thick paste, I think it's about a 1:1 dilution. I tried it and I almost died. Surprised? Then you should see her pasta with the amount of chili flakes she pours on them. Even worse.

No comments:
Post a Comment