3 Days, 2 Films, 1 More Congee
On Friday, Jordan and I watched the new James Bond film, Casino Royal. I didn't really like Daniel Craig. Probably, if he were the one following Timothy Dalton, I would have rated him higher, but it's just too tough to fill Pierce Brosnan's shoes. For me, he and Sean Connery were the ultimate bonds. Roger Moore was good too, but I didn't like George Lazenby, Timothy Dalton and Daniel Craig. The film was as expected, nothing fancy. Revealing a bit more of Bond's character and less of the actions. I wonder what Quentin Tarantino would have done with it. He wanted to direct this episode, though the producers didn't really like the idea.After the film Sylvia joined us and we headed to Eric and Cara's place for drinks. Unfortunately, as Sylvia's grandma had an eye surgery the next morning, Sylvia became worried, and left early. Jordan and I stayed until around 2am, and we had a great time there. We drank some wine and rum, and talked about the usual stuffs: school, business and possibilities.
On Saturday, Sylvia's family and I visited ama. She was really well and happy to be able to play mahjong again as she can finally see the tiles. I like her a lot, it's a pity that we don't speak the same language. Hopefully I can pick up some Hokkien from Sylvia. I plan to focus with more effort on Mandarin, and ama would understand it. I still wouldn't understand her replies in Hokkien though. Afterwards, we went to have dinner at a hawker on Thompson road. I had chicken rice, quite a nice one. In the night, Sylvia and I played home spa, and we gave each other facial treatment and massage.
On Sunday, my princess cooked another type of congee for me, this time with meat balls and flour cake. Again, it was amazing. Afterwards, we went to Bishan to watch Happy Feet. It was a really sweet show. And, wow, Brittany Murphy can sing really well. I wonder though, how many parents ask their children after watching it, whether they have learnt anything from the film. As it is the case with the good cartoons, there's a moral to the story. Actually, there are more. On the one hand, it says that you should dare to be different, and be true to what you are and what you like. On the other hand, it educates the kids about the importance to conserve the nature and not to exploit it. Finally, as most of these shows, it's about friendship and loyalty, luckily, without being cheesy.
No comments:
Post a Comment