Friday, July 28, 2006

Meeting the King and Queen

I will meet the king and queen tomorrow for the first time. Funny, my princess is a lot more nervous than I am. On a list where 1 is totally relaxed and 10 is in panic, I am a cool 3, and Sylvia is around 7-8. I accidentaly met her sister a while ago, she gave me the thumbs up. I took it as a good omen.

I decided to call the king and queen Uncle and Aunty even though as an ang mo (Caucasian) I don't necesserily have to do so. I will bring cigars for Uncle and probably a bottle of Baileys for Aunty. Then we all will go for a dinner.

In the Hungarian folk stories the old king has three wishes to test the love of the prince. They are usually like getting a feather from the half-lion half-bird beast, a golden hair from the devil, or an apple from the tree that grows faster than the prince can climb. I hope this king will be more rational and his three wishes will be to finish my MBA, get a good job and take care of his little daughter.

No comments: